(PC Version) Wired Kids Video Self Study Course
Wired Kids: How Technology Impacts Early Child Development
Video Self Study Course for .65 ASHA CEUs
Single participant $119.00
2 to 4 participants $109.00 each*
5 to 10 participants $99.00 each*
Shipping outside the United States is a total price of $134.00
*Instructions for group pricing.
1. Fill in the contact form with your name and email address then put the names and email addresses of the others in your group in the comment section and click submit.
2. Click on the group category to get your "each" price and adjust the quantity to the correct number of participants.
3. Then click add to cart to complete the purchase.
For groups larger than 10 please email email@example.com for pricing
This 6.5 hour live presentation was recorded in September of 2016 for the latest research and information.
What you will get:
- The video recording on a zip drive for you to keep (you can watch it as many times as you want)
- A self addressed, stamped envelope to send paperwork back to us
- A certificate of completion after you complete the included test
- A time ordered agenda for those professions that need it to receive CEUs
- The full presentation manual available with different printable options in a pdf format
- ASHA CEU participant form for SLP's that have ASHA track their CEUs
- The list of reference materials
This one-day seminar examines the evidence to guide therapists, educators, and other early childhood professionals as we live and work in the digital age. Just because technology is available at our fingertips, doesn’t necessarily mean we should be using it with very young children. Infants, toddlers, and preschool age children do not learn the same way that older children and adults do. It’s not just a matter of being “pro-technology” or “anti-technology,” but rather what is appropriate for young children with developing brains and bodies. We will examine the factors necessary for healthy development as we contrast the virtual playground with the traditional playground. Throughout this course, professionals will gain powerful evidence-based information regarding best practices for using technology in therapy and in early childhood classrooms. This seminar contains must-have information for pediatric therapists and early childhood educators.
Early Intervention & Early Childhood Professionals, Speech-Language Pathologists,
Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Therapy Assistants, Early Childhood Special Educators,
Early Childhood Staff, Service Coordinators, & Early Intervention/Early Childhood Administrator
1) List 5 ways technology changes the landscape of play
2) Describe how screen time can impact sleep, attention, and language development
3) Determine what makes media “educational”
4) Examine the effects of technology on social-emotional development
5) Summarize evidence-based recommendations for coaching families and caregivers on developmentally appropriate uses of technology
6) Apply evidence-based recommendations for using technology in therapy and early childhood classrooms
Financial: Cari Ebert owns Summit Speech Therapy, LLC (dba Cari Ebert Seminars) and receives a salary. She receives royalties from cariebertseminars.com product sales. Ms. Ebert also receives compensation for presenting this course.
Nonfinancial: Cari Ebert has a son with autism and apraxia and shares personal experiences in her seminars.